The American Council of the Blind of New York Inc. (ACBNY) Scholarship 2019
The American Council of the Blind of Western New York, an affiliate of The American Council of the Blind of New York, is an advocate for blind and visually impaired persons. A five hundred dollar scholarship will be awarded annually to one person attending a trade school, training program or college. The deadline for applications is March 31. The scholarship will be awarded in May.
The person must live in one of the following western NY counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans or Wyoming.
- Two letters of recommendation. Cannot be from a family member.
- Proof of legal blindness
- One letter of proof of community involvement
- An essay of no more than 500 words on ONE of the following topics:
A. Why is self advocacy important ?
B. What are your future goals ?
C. What is your favorite or most used piece of adaptive equipment and why?
- A cover letter including Full Name, Address, Age, Email, Telephone
- Best way to communicate with you.
- Proof of enrollment in any of the following:
B. Trade School
C Training Program
Applications will be accepted in braille, electronic, or print. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
Please submit your application to:
Scholarship Committee ACBWNY
29 Meridian Street
Depew NY, 14043
You may Karen Blachowicz with any questions: karenablachowicz [at] gmail [dot] com / 716-510-4560
Note: For national ACB scholarship information, click HERE.